Having a well-toned and rounder bum is a fitness goal for many individuals. While the gluteal muscles are essential for overall lower body strength and stability, some people may desire more emphasis on their glute curves for aesthetic reasons.
If you’re looking to achieve a rounder bum, specifically targeting the sides of your glutes, you’ve come to the right place.
This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on achieving glute-curves through five effective exercises.
5 Glute-Curves Exercises To Get A Rounder Bum At The Sides
1. The Classic Squat
The classic squat is a fundamental exercise that targets multiple muscle groups, including the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, and core. To perform a squat correctly, follow these steps:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Engage your core and keep your chest lifted as you bend your knees and lower your hips back as if sitting in a chair.
- Lower down until your thighs are parallel to the ground, or as low as your flexibility allows.
- Press through your heels and return to the starting position, squeezing your glutes at the top.
To add variety and intensity, you can incorporate different squat variations like sumo squats, Bulgarian split squats, or goblet squats.
2. Hip Thrusts for Glute Activation
Hip thrusts are excellent for targeting and isolating the glutes. This exercise activates the gluteus maximus, which is responsible for giving your bum that rounded shape. Here’s how to perform hip thrusts:
- Sit on the ground with your back against a sturdy bench and place a barbell or a weighted plate over your hips.
- Plant your feet firmly on the floor, hip-width apart, and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Drive through your heels, lift your hips off the ground, and push them upward until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top for a moment before lowering your hips back to the starting position.
For added resistance, you can use resistance bands or perform single-leg hip thrusts.
3. Romanian Deadlifts
Romanian deadlifts are another fantastic exercise for building glute curves. This movement targets the hamstrings and glutes, helping to enhance the shape of your bum. Follow these steps to perform Romanian deadlifts:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a barbell or dumbbells in front of your thighs with an overhand grip.
- Hinge at your hips while maintaining a slight bend in your knees and lower the weights toward the ground, keeping your back straight.
- Lower the weights until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings, and then return to the starting position by squeezing your glutes.
4. Step-Ups for Sculpted Glutes
Step-ups are a simple yet effective exercise that targets the glutes and thighs. This exercise can be performed using a bench or a sturdy elevated platform. Here’s how to do step-ups:
- Stand facing the bench or elevated platform.
- Step onto the bench with one foot, ensuring that your entire foot is in contact with the surface.
- Push through your heel and lift your body up until your front leg is fully extended.
- Lower yourself back down and repeat on the same leg for several repetitions before switching to the other leg.
5. Glute Bridges for Lower Body Strength
Glute bridges are excellent for strengthening the glutes and lower back while also engaging the core. To perform glute bridges, follow these steps:
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, hip-width apart.
- Place your arms by your sides with your palms facing down.
- Push through your heels and lift your hips off the ground until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top and hold for a few seconds before lowering your hips back down.
Achieving a rounder bum with well-defined glute curves is possible with consistent effort and the right exercises. Incorporating a combination of squats, hip thrusts, Romanian deadlifts, step-ups, and glute bridges into your workout routine will help you target and strengthen the glute muscles effectively. Remember that consistency, proper form, and gradually increasing resistance are key to seeing noticeable results.
So, why wait? Start implementing these glute-curves exercises into your fitness routine and get one step closer to having the toned and shapely bum you’ve always desired. Combine your workouts with a balanced diet and stay dedicated to your fitness journey, and soon enough, you’ll be flaunting your beautiful glute curves confidently!
Remember, it’s essential to consult with a fitness professional or your healthcare provider before starting any new exercise regimen, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions or concerns. Now, go ahead and give these exercises your all, and let your glutes do the talking!